Embody, promote and execute Creative Homes’ Core Values and VTO and ensure adherence to the customer care process as a Warranty Technician. Ability to complete all necessary warranty repairs as directed and hold trade partners accountable when working alongside them.
· Perform Punch-out repairs following Quality Walk and prior to Welcome Home Orientation.
· Understand and execute the Warranty process using Creative Homes ERP through use of details/photos/comments of completed repairs.
· Understand and Creative Homes standards for quality and executing during warranty repairs.
· Attending daily calls with Warranty Team for upcoming schedules. Receive direction from Warranty Manager regarding the priority of work to be done. Complete the work in the sequence provided.
· As needed, work with the Warranty Manager to schedule appointments with homeowners, subcontractors, and to establish the materials that are needed to perform the required warranty work.
· Perform repairs as directed and execute warranty activities to the best of your ability per Creative Homes written warranty obligation.
· Accurately complete all documentation for necessary processing for trade communication. This includes reporting daily what has been completed.
· Ensure complete cleanup of each home during and after performing repairs yourself or by trade partners.
· If work is to be done by a trade partner, the ability to ensure all work is completed to Creative Homes Standard and trade partners are held accountable for the work that is done.
· Review work that was completed with the homeowners and ensure their satisfaction and/or understanding of warranty work completed.
· Maintain a good professional working relationship with all homeowners which includes proper dress and Creative Homes logo apparel.
· Represent Creative Homes so that the customer has complete confidence in your ability and the team’s ability to provide an unmatched customer experience.
·Keep management informed as to any potential issues or concerns with a homeowner. Clearly communicate any/all items brought up and provide potential solutions.
· Attend weekly department meetings in person and All Team meetings as directed.
· Maintain both the mechanics and visual appearance of company vehicles.
· Performs all other duties or tasks as assigned by the Warranty Manager or his/her designate.
Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to complete projects in a timely manner. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, very strong organizational skills with attention to detail and high follow-through. Must have the attitude and ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and be able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with a professional, positive demeanor. Daily interaction with various Creative Homes personnel, field associates, trade partners, consultants and homeowners. Frequent external contacts where matters discussed require resourcefulness, patience, clarity, tact and problem solving.
Education, Certificates, Licenses & Designations: Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Required: Driver’s License. Preferred: An associate degree or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Preferred: Prior experience in Customer Service.
Required: 3-5 years’ experience in residential or commercial construction or renovation and repair.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Mechanical: Need mechanical aptitude and knowledge of residential construction to perform warranty repair work. Knowledge of various trade functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting. Knowledge and high level of use of various power tools, hand tools, ladders and equipment. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, take offs, scopes of work, specifications and other construction documents.
Organizational: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook. Organized, professional, detailed. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Language: English fluency. Capable of reading and completing written service order, ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and work orders. Ability to write simple correspondence. Capacity to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors/suppliers, and communicating with other employees in an effective manner.
Spatial/Logic/Relational: Must have good reasoning with the ability to make decisions in a timely fashion. Maintain a positive attitude. Aptitude to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Customer service skills in communicating with homeowners.
Physical Requirements: This is an active position, which requires the ability to be outdoors in the heat and cold. The ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, walk on uneven surfaces, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, operate construction equipment and tools. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and phone.
We had an exceptional experience with Creative Homes and would recommend them to anyone. Not only did we get a well-built home, but the customer service exceeded our expectations. From our first meeting, to well-after we closed on our new home, the Creative Homes team made us feel like we were family. We already know we want Creative Homes to build our next home (in many, many years)!
I really enjoyed the weekly calls with the builder. It made me feel like I knew what progress was happening during the build, and really set a tone of trust with the builder that I wasn't expecting. I found those conversations, even when very short, to be extremely helpful in staying calm during the build process.
"The whole process was incredibly easy. I couldn't believe how perfect the house looked the day I moved in! The attention to detail shows in the little things. I'm continually impressed with features I find throughout my home."