Embody, promote and execute Creative Homes’ Core Values and VTO and ensure adherence to the customer care process as the Warranty Specialist. Manage, track and complete warranty check-ins and services for homeowners throughout the warranty period of each home.
· Schedule and complete 60 day and 11 month warranty check-ins with homeowners.
· Arrange and schedule the completion of identified warranty claims with trade partners.
· Understand and execute the customer care process using BuilderTrend and other reporting.
· Update and manage the organization of data being input into BuilderTrend.
· Understand and use the Warranty Manual when making decisions and discussing claims with homeowners.
· Accurately complete all paperwork including the recommendations to back charge sub-contractors. This includes reporting on a daily basis what has been completed.
· Perform minor repairs identified during warranty check-ins.
· Ensure complete cleanup of each home during and after performing repairs yourself or by trade partners.
· If work is to be done by a subcontractor, meeting with the sub-contractor before they begin work to ensure they understand what is needed. Review and approve sub-contractor work after they finish to ensure it meets the quality standards. Complete all paperwork required for sub-contractor work authorization.
· Review work that was completed with the homeowners and ensure their satisfaction.
· Maintain a good professional working relationship with all homeowners.
· Represent Creative Homes so that the customer has complete confidence in your ability and the team’s ability to provide an unmatched customer experience. · Educate the customer on quality and process at every opportunity, always be teaching.
· Receive direction from Warranty Manager regarding the priority of work to be done. Complete the work in the sequence provided. · As needed, work with the Warranty Manager to schedule appointments with homeowners, subcontractors, and to establish the materials that are needed to perform the required warranty work.
·Keep management informed as to any potential problems or problems with a homeworker. Suggest to management a way to resolve the homeowner’s issues.
· Attend meetings as directed.
· Maintain both the mechanics and visual appearance of company vehicles.
· Performs all other duties or tasks as assigned by the Warranty Manager or his/her designate.
Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to complete projects in a timely manner. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, very strong organizational skills with attention to detail and high follow-through. Must have the attitude and ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and be able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with a professional, positive demeanor. Daily interaction with various Creative Homes personnel, field associates, trade partners, consultants and homeowners. Frequent external contacts where matters discussed require resourcefulness, patience, clarity, tact and problem solving.
Education, Certificates, Licenses & Designations: Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Required: Driver’s License. Preferred: An associate degree or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Preferred: Prior experience in Customer Service. Preferred: Experience in residential or commercial construction or renovation and repair.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Mechanical: Need mechanical aptitude and knowledge of construction to perform warranty work.
Knowledge of various trade functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting. Knowledge and moderate level of use of various power tools, hand tools, ladders and equipment. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, take offs, scopes of work, specifications and other construction documents.
Organizational: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Outlook. Organized, professional, detailed, works well under pressure. Excellent computer, written, verbal communication skills.
Language: English fluency. Capable of reading and preparing written reports, ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Capacity to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors/suppliers, and communicating with other employees in an effective manner.
Spatial/Logic/Relational: Must have good reasoning with the ability to make decisions in a timely fashion. Maintain a positive attitude. Aptitude to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Strong customer service skills in dealing with homeowners Ability to calculate percentages and perform basic math functions.
This is primarily an active position, which requires the ability to be outdoors in the heat and cold. The ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climbs stairs, climb ladders, walk on uneven surfaces, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment and tools. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
"The whole process was incredibly easy. I couldn't believe how perfect the house looked the day I moved in! The attention to detail shows in the little things. I'm continually impressed with features I find throughout my home."
We had an incredible experience with our build by Creative. We LOVE our new home, & are so grateful for such an easy-going process from start to finish!
We absolutely loved our new home from the first time we saw it, and have felt the same ever since moving in! From start to finish the entire process working with Creative Homes was smooth sailing. We couldn't be happier with our house or our home buying experience!
The building process was so fun and easy; every week it was so exciting to see progress on our home. The design studio made for an easy experience when picking all the materials for our home. From start to completion, their attention to detail was phenomenal. Creative Homes has a solid team of experts and were always there to answer any question we would have. There is no doubt that I would recommend Creative Homes to anyone building a home.
We recently moved into our new home built by Creative Homes and we absolutely love it! The attention to detail and quality throughout is first class! We've received so many compliments from people who have seen it. From start to finish we received top notch customer service that went above and beyond any expectations. We absolutely recommend Creative Homes to anyone considering a build. You'll be glad you did!